.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Last Interview of Napoleon Bonaparte by Erica M. Historian Essay

For this interview, I went to visit the St. Helena home of nap nap. He was the former Emperor of France before he was exiled to this small island. He was to spend the rest of his life here. I was lucky enough to give-up the ghost this interview just a few days before his red ink on May 5th, 1821. erica M. Historian Hello, Mr. Bonaparte. It is a pleasure to cope with you. How are you this take downing? sleep Bonaparte Hello. I am doing truly well, thank you.Erica M. Historian May I call you short sleep?Napoleon Bonaparte You may, still I rather you call me Emperor. Erica M. Historian Of course. So, what got you interested in a troops career?Napoleon Bonaparte Around the age of nine, my father had sent me to a military academy in Brienne, France (The Dublin Penny Journal 394). That experience twist me to a career in military and I then became an officer around 1785 (Encyclopedia 2001).Erica M. Historian I know that you were promoted to a public rank in 1793. You were only t wenty- four correct? That is a real young age to become a general. How did you achieve that?Napoleon Bonaparte That is correct. I became a general by proving I was made to be a leader. I had a countless amount of energy and ambition. I learned how to make the best with what I had and take advantage of opportunities. I successfully defeated the British at the siege of Toulon. After that I even had a few astonishing victories as commander in chief for the army of Italy. This was one of my many achievements (Encyclopedia, 2001).Erica M. Historian some(prenominal) refer to you as a military genius. What do you think your about successful battle was?Napoleon Bonaparte I would have to ordinate the siege of Toulon because this battle really showed my military expertise. If I did no... ...ee cents an acre or even leading my troops into a Russian winter. If I dwelled on my mistakes I made, I would never have time to reminisce about my broad accomplishments.Erica M. I was lucky to get t his interview when I did. Napoleon, at a time the Great Emperor of France, passed away just three days aft(prenominal) this interview. He passed away on May 5, 1821 of stomach cancer but some see it was arsenic poising. Most historians do not believe this theory. It was said his last wish was for his son to become emperor (Thompson 436). working CitedNapoleon Bonaparte. The Dublin Penny Journal 3.154 (1835) 393-94.JSTOR. Web. 03 May 2014. Napoleon, Bonaparte. Encyclopedia of patriotism Leaders, Movements, and Concepts. Oxford Elsevier Science & Technology, 2000. Credo Reference. Web. 4 May 2014.Thompson, J. M. Napoleon Bonaparte. New York Oxford UP, 1952. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment