.

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Jimmie Lee Jackson essays

Jimmie Lee Jackson essays In 1951 a movement in the south which was an attempt to help civil rights and led to a serious of non-violent events. These events then later were disasters in black history and caused hundreds of African Americans to suffer. My story starts along that time line in which I had the devastation to watch my best friend fall to the people, the White community. I am a white male and I am proud of who I am and who I came to be. Jimmie Lee Jackson was born in 1938 the same year I was. We grew up as neighbors and I had known him very well all my life. An innocent young man who always wanted to look out for others black or white. His salary was also struck at $700.00 a year, and could not attend school with me for he was denied. The movement of civil rights was led by a man named Martin Luther King Jr. His non-violent approach towards helping blacks was hoped to gain a goal of what we know now as the salad bowl theory. Jackson was the youngest deacon at his church. As far as I know he was farming and logging for work. The movement began with marches and forceful action by the members of the Klan and police. American began to realize the pain of the black community. Around 9:30 pm of February 18, more then 200 marches began walking. The marchers were then asked to stop the revolt and leave. The lights in the street went out and caused total chaos. The troopers were beating men left and right, sometimes hitting the woman even. Jimmie and his family went inside a caf for cover, but his dad was hit with a club and Jimmie tried to take him to the hospital but they couldnt get out. A trooper then struck his mother of the head and Jimmie retaliated by hitting the trooper. The other troopers began beating him senseless repeatedly. A man pulled out his gun and murdered my best friend. All Jimmie was doing was marching for his ...

No comments:

Post a Comment